This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes the data that we collect about you via the Website from which you accessed this Privacy Notice (“Website”), how we use and disclose this data, how we protect it, and what decisions you can make about it. We recommend that you read our Privacy Notice and click on the available links or select “Find out more” if you would like more information about a certain topic.
“Personal Data” is data that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. On our Websites, we collect Personal Data in a number of ways, including through registrations, applications, and surveys, in connection with your inquiries and automatically when you visit our Websites.
If you use one of our Websites, we may request fundamental Personal Data; if you are a healthcare professional (HCP), we may request additional Personal Data.
We may request the following Personal Data:
- Contact details (postal address, telephone number, e-mail address)
- Your preferred language
- Your interests (such as health conditions and topics on which you request information via the Website or express an interest)
If you are an HCP, we may also request additional data relating to our professional partnership with you:
- Curriculum vitae/references
- Data relating to your accreditation, specialties, professional affiliations, publications, credentials, and other professional achievements
- Adverse event data
- Data relating to your use of our products, your interactions with us, and services for those you care for
We may also collect Personal Data from other sources, including data companies, public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and other third parties.
If you decide to link your social media account with the Website to enable social sharing, certain Personal Data from your social media account will be shared with us, which may also include Personal Data that forms part of your profile or the profiles of your friends.
We may receive Personal Data from other third parties in order to confirm contact or financial details or to get a better understanding of your interests by linking demographics data with the Personal Data that you have provided.
When you are asked to provide Personal Data, you may decline. However, if you choose not to provide data that is necessary for us to provide the requested services, we may not be able to provide you with those services.
If you provide or permit us to collect any Personal Data relating to another person, you are telling us that you have the authority to share that data and permit us to use the data as described in this Privacy Notice.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We use Personal Data in order to:
- Guarantee the functionality of the Website and satisfy your needs on the basis of a contractual relationship or legitimate interest.
Guaranteeing Website functionality and satisfying your requests includes:
- Offering you customer service.
- Answering your inquiries, satisfying your requests, and completing your transactions.
- Sending you administrative information, such as amendments to our terms and conditions of business and guidelines, as well as marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Facilitating the social-sharing functionality.
- Allowing you to send messages to third parties, e.g. to a colleague, supervisor, friend, or patient.
- Providing personalized services on the basis of your consent or a legitimate interest, providing you with information of interest to you.
Personalized services include:
- Getting a better understanding of you and personalizing our interactions with you.
- Analyzing or predicting our users’ preferences so that we can establish aggregated trend reports on the use of Pfizer digital content.
- Analyzing or predicting your preferences to improve our interactions with you, i.e. to provide you with content, products, and offers (via our Website, e-mails, or digital tools) that we believe to be relevant to your professional interests.
- Working with you as an HCP on the basis of a contractual relationship or legitimate interest.
The partnership with you as an HCP includes:
- Verifying your right to access certain products, services, and data that may only be accessible to certain licensed healthcare professionals (HCPs).
- Engaging with you by digital or other means based on your professional expertise and opinion.
- Inviting you to attend programs/panels of medical specialists.
- Reaching out to you for your professional expertise, e.g. in the context of surveys on the products or services of a Pfizer company or business partner.
- Working with you within the context of medical events, publications, or consultations.
- Sounding out your opinions on products and services that we, another Pfizer company, or a business partner have acquired for the purpose of development and improvement.
- Allowing you to participate in special programs, activities, events, or campaigns within the scope of our contractual relationship with you or on the basis of a legitimate interest.
In these cases, we may use your Personal Data in additional ways that are disclosed within the framework of these special programs, activities, events, or campaigns.
- Operating our business to comply with legal obligations and meet our legitimate interests in maintaining our business.
Our business operations include:
- Conducting data analyses and audits.
- Identifying trends in the use of our Websites and analyzing the effectiveness of our communication.
- Detecting, preventing, and investigating fraud, monitoring (cyber) security and preventing (cyber) attacks.
- Developing, improving, or modifying our products and services.
- Verifying your right to access certain products or services and your ability to use them.
- Obtaining a better understanding of how our products and services impact you and the people you care for.
- Pursuing and reacting to concerns, including supervisory surveillance and reporting obligations with regard to adverse events, product complaints, and patient safety.
- Running and expanding our business operations.
We may pool the Personal Data that you and other Website users provide. In this case, we may use and disclose the collected data for any purpose. Pooled data does not personally identify you or other people.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
We disclose Personal Data as follows:
- To other Pfizer companies for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- To our (external) service providers so that they can provide these services, such as data technology and the related infrastructure, customer service, sending e-mails, auditing, and other services.
- To other companies with which we collaborate in respect of certain products or services. These could also include our co-promotion partners for products that we develop and/or market together.
- If you publish data or materials in message boards, chats, profile pages, blogs, and other services.
If you decide to share data or materials via our Websites, please note the following:
- Everything you post can be seen by other Website users and the public.
- Be careful when deciding to publish data or materials via our Website or to link your social media account.
- If you use the Website to send a message or to publish data or materials (including using the social sharing functions), the message, data, or materials can be seen by others (e.g. other Website users, your friends that are linked to your social media account, your social media account provider and/or the public).
We also use and publish your Personal Data if we deem it necessary or appropriate for:
- Complying with applicable laws and our supervisory surveillance and reporting obligations (which may include laws outside your country of residence,) answering inquiries from public and state authorities (which may include authorities outside your country of residence,) working with law enforcement agencies, or for other legal reasons.
- Enforcing our terms and conditions of business.
- Protecting our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other Pfizer companies, you or others.
We can also make use of Personal Data or disclose or transfer it to third parties in connection with the reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or parts of our business, our assets, or stock (including in connection with bankruptcy or similar proceedings.)
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, contact us in the manner set out in the Contact Us section or update your preferences in your profile or account on certain Websites. In your request, please specify your name and the addresses at which you no longer wish to be contacted. Even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may send you important administrative messages that you cannot unsubscribe from.
Some Websites allow you to update your profile.
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete Personal Data that you have provided to us via the Website, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of such Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company, you may contact us as indicated in the Contact Us section. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
In your request, please tell us what Personal Data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have it suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of it. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we are required to retain certain Personal Data within the legal retention periods and/or to complete transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect your Personal Data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
The data we collect may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, including in the U.S. and where other Pfizer companies operate.
Some non-EEA countries are recognized by Switzerland and the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to Swiss or EEA standards respectively. For transfers from Switzerland or the EEA to countries not considered adequate by Switzerland or the European Commission respectively, we have put in place adequate measures, such as by ensuring that the recipient is bound by EU Standard Contractual Clauses, to protect your Personal Data. To obtain a copy of these measures please get in touch with us as indicated in the Contact Us section.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to data collected, used, or disclosed by third parties or to their security or other practices, including those of third parties operating a service referenced by this Website, and we assume no liability in this respect. The inclusion of a link on the Website does not imply that we support the linked service.
USE BY MINORS
The Website is not intended for persons under 16 years of age and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from such persons. If you are not old enough in your country to consent to data processing, you need the permission of your parents or other legal guardians to use the Website. Please check with your parents or legal guardians before using the Website.
If you are providing us with Personal Data of individuals under the age of sixteen (16), you declare that you have the appropriate authority to do so, and that you can demonstrate such authority to Pfizer upon request.
From time to time, we will update this Privacy Notice. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on the Website. This Privacy Notice was last updated on the “Last updated” date specified above.
The company responsible for the collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Data under this Privacy Notice is:
Pfizer AG or Stiftung Pfizer Forschungspreis
Schärenmoosstrasse 99, CH-8052 Zurich
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at [email protected].
If you would like to request to exercise any individual rights, please contact us at www.pfizer.com/individualrightsgdpr or write to the following address:
Schärenmoosstrasse 99, CH-8052 Zurich
You may also contact our data protection officer responsible for your country or region, if applicable. To find their contact information, visit DPO.Pfizer.com.
Cookies are a standard function of Websites that allow us to store small amounts of data regarding your visit to our Website on your computer. Cookies help us determine which areas of the Website are useful and which areas need improvement.
We may also use technologies similar to cookies, such as:
Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also called web beacons and clear GIFs) are used, among other things, to track the activity of Website users, measure the success of our advertising campaigns, and compile statistics about the use of the Website and return rates.
Adobe Flash. Flash local shared objects (also known as “Flash cookies”) (“Flash LSOs”) and other technologies are used, among other things, to collect and store information about your use of the Website. For your options regarding Flash LSOs, please visit this page. Please note that setting Flash Player to restrict the Flash LSOs permissions may restrict or affect the functionality of some Flash applications.
Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google.”) We use Google Analytics to generate anonymized statistics to improve the Website.
Find out more about Google Analytics and data protection. You have the possibility of selectively deactivating Google Analytics by installing the opt-out function that Google provides in your browser. You can find further information at the following links:
Browser or device information. Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically by your device, such as your media access control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, name and version of your operating system, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Website you are using. We use this data to ensure that the Website functions properly.
As far as cookies or other similar technologies collect Personal Data, the other sections of this Privacy Notice shall apply.