COOKIES AND PRIVACY STATEMENT
This website, www.todayisbetter.ie , is brought to you by Pfizer Healthcare Ireland. We take the privacy of our website users very seriously. We ask that you read this Cookies and Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) carefully as it contains important information about how we will use your personal data.
It is Pfizer corporate policy to comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws. This commitment reflects the value we place on earning and keeping the trust of our employees, customers, business partners and others who share their personal information with us.
This Privacy Statement describes how Pfizer protects your privacy when we collect personal information on this website and how such information may be used or applied. As used in this Privacy Statement, the term “personal information”, “personal data” or “Data” signifies information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us and has the same meaning as set out in the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (as amended) (the “Acts”) or any amended version or equivalent thereof.
For the purpose of the Acts, the data controller is Pfizer Healthcare Ireland, a company incorporated in Ireland, with registered number 127002 and having its registered office at 9 River Walk, National Digital Park, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24 (“Pfizer”, “our”, “we” or “us”).
We are regulated by the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect personally identifiable information, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses only when voluntarily provided by you when you register or otherwise voluntarily submit information to us , such as, subscribing to a service we provide, posting material on our Site, requesting further services, entering a competition or promotion, making an order, requesting information from us, submitting comments. Some of the information we collect from you may relate to your health, which we appreciate you may consider as particularly sensitive. We will, of course, only process this information in accordance with this Privacy Statement or as otherwise agreed to by you.
We may also collect and process the following information about you:
- the time and date of your visit;
- we may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect data from you by using “cookies”, which are certain bits of information deposited by this website on a visitor's computer. Cookies are sent back only to the website servers that deposited them when a visitor returns to that site. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. If you have provided us with information about yourself, we may associate your registration information with cookies or other tracking utilities our Site places on your computer's hard drive. Associating a cookie with your registration information allows us to offer increased personalisation and functionality. Without cookies, this functionality would not be possible.
Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that websites that are cookie-enabled will not recognize you when you return to the website, and certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website features.
Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage or delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. The Data Protection Commissioner's website also has information about cookies.
Cookies can tell us how and when pages in a website are visited and by how many people. With the information we receive through this technology, we hope to improve our sites. In addition, we gather information about you that is automatically collected by our web server, such as your IP address and domain name. We may use this information to customise our offerings, to make information more readily accessible to you, and the website easier for you to use.
In addition, we may use other tracking systems/devices like pixel-tags. Pixel tags, sometimes called web beacons, are similar in function to a cookie. But because of their insignificant size, it is not visible; though they are used to pass certain information to our servers to personalise out websites and to track your usage across other Pfizer websites. In addition, we may also use pixel tags in our HTML based emails.
Pfizer respects the confidentiality of personal information. Only Pfizer, organizations working with Pfizer in the administration of the above information, and Pfizer group companies will have access to your information. We may use third party processors to conduct research, process data or maintain our website, content, or programmes on our behalf, but your information will not be disclosed to any other third parties such as outside mailing organizations. While it is unlikely, we may be required to disclose your information by a court order or to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you before we do so, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
LIMITATIONS ON THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent required by applicable law, whenever Pfizer collects personal information from this Site, Pfizer will:-
- provide timely and appropriate notice to you about its data practices;
- collect, use, disclose and transfer your personal information with your consent, which may be express or implied (the type of consent required will be dependent on the sensitivity of the personal information, legal requirements, and other factors);
- collect your personal information only for specific, limited purposes. The information collected will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
- process your personal information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented;
- take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date;
- not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes unless you have given express permission for such use;
- take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers between separate Pfizer group companies;
- only retain the personal information collected as long as necessary to provide the services, products and information you request or as permitted by applicable law; and
- store all personal information on a secure server, which is password protected and is also shielded from the outside world by a firewall (which is a method for keeping a network secure).
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data privacy statement that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- to help us identify you;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you; and
- improving our services.
Your information may be used by Pfizer to provide you with printed publications, telephone messages, SMS messages and/or email communications , for example if you enter a competition or request information or a publication, such as a calendar.
We may use the data collected in any interaction (offline or online) with us to better understand you and general trends, personalise our interactions with you:
- to analyse or predict our users’ preferences in order to identify aggregated trend reports on how Pfizer digital contents are used (without applying the results of these reports on an individual level); and
- to analyse or predict your preferences in order to improve our interactions with you, i.e., to deliver you the content that we believe will be relevant to your interests and match your preferred digital behaviour.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of administration, quality assurance and compliance.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
As a resource to our visitors, Pfizer provides links to other web sites. Pfizer is not involved in any way in operating the third party web sites and has no liability or responsibility for the content of these third party web sites. Pfizer does not endorse, sponsor, recommend or make any representations, warranties or undertakings about any of the information contained on such third party web sites (including without limitation, their accuracy, their completeness, non-infringement of proprietary or intellectual property rights) or that such third party web sites or the servers on which they are hosted are free from computer viruses or other harmful programs or software. Pfizer does not take responsibility for the data policies, procedures, terms and conditions or the content of such linked web sites and in particular Pfizer is not responsible for non-compliance by the web site users of any such data policies, procedures or terms and conditions.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
We may disclose your Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 8 of the Irish Companies Act 2014.
We may disclose your Data to third parties:
- such as our agents and service providers , for example we may use third party processors to conduct research, process information, maintain or administer websites, content, programmes, competitions, promotions or information provided through the Site;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Pfizer, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your Data held by it may be one of the transferred assets; or
SECURITY OF YOUR DATA
We are committed to protecting the security of your Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures and organisational measures to help protect your Data from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We have implemented strict internal guidelines to ensure that your privacy is safeguarded at every level of our organisation. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Data is at your own risk. Once we receive your Data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
Your Data will be stored on a secure server, which is password protected and protected by a firewall. As Pfizer is a global organisation, your data may be transferred within the European Economic Area (EEA) or transferred to, and stored in, countries outside the EEA (including the USA). Those countries may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processing your Data. Your Data may also be processed by personnel operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such personnel may be engaged in activities that include the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER INDIVIDUALS
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad; and
- give consent to the processing of his/her health information.
ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
Under section 4 of the Data Protection Act a person has a right to be given a copy of his/her personal data. Such a request should be made in writing to the address below, and accompanied proof of identification and a cheque in the sum of €6.35. Pfizer confirms that it will respond to all requests within 40 days from the date of receipt of request.
All requests should be addressed to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at Pfizer Healthcare Ireland, 9 River Walk, National Digital Park, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24.
RECTIFICATION AND ERASURE OF YOUR DATA
We endeavour to keep your Data accurate, complete and where necessary, up to date. Under section 6 of the Data Protection Act, a person has a right to have his/her personal data corrected, if inaccurate. Such a request should be made in writing to the address below, and accompanied proof of identification. Pfizer confirms that it will respond to all requests within 40 days from the date of receipt of request. You may also request the erasure of your data if you believe we are otherwise in breach of section 2(1) of the Acts. All requests should be addressed to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at Pfizer Healthcare Ireland, 9 River Walk, National Digital Park, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24.
There is no charge for making such a request.
We will hold on to your personal Data only for as long as necessary for the purposes of providing access to our Site and related services to you or as required by law.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time at our sole discretion. Please check this website periodically to inform yourself of any changes. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it. By continuing to use our Site after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this Privacy Statement as modified.
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this Privacy Statement and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to the Data Protection Compliance Officer, Pfizer Healthcare Ireland, 9 River Walk, National Digital Park, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24.