This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes the data that we collect about you on this website (“Site”); how we use and disclose that data; how we protect it; and the choices you may make with respect to it.
If you are a healthcare professional (“HCP”), please also see the additional information provided about how we process personal data about you.
“Personal Data” is data that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We collect Personal Data in various ways on our Sites, including through registrations, applications, surveys, in connection with your inquiries, and automatically when you browse our Sites.
We may request basic Personal Data when you use a Site; if you are an HCP, we may request additional Personal Data.
Personal Data that we may request includes:
- Contact details (postal address, telephone numbers, email address)
- Your preferred language
- Your interests (such as health conditions and topics about which you request information through the Site or indicate interest)
If you are an HCP, we also may request additional data related to our professional interaction with you:
- Professional biography/credentials
- Data related to your licensures, specialties, professional affiliations, publications, credentials, and other professional achievements
- Adverse event data
- Data related to your use of our products, your interactions with us, and services for those you care for
We may also collect Personal Data from other sources, including data companies, publicly accessible databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms and other third parties.
If you elect to connect your social media account to the Site to enable social sharing, certain Personal Data from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Data that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
We may receive Personal Data from other third parties to confirm contact or financial details or to better understand your interests by associating demographic data with the Personal Data you have provided.
When you are asked to provide Personal Data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary for us to provide requested services, we may not be able to provide you those services.
If you provide or permit us to collect any Personal Data relating to another person, you are telling us that you have the authority to share that data and to permit us to use the data as described in this Privacy Notice.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We use Personal Data in order to:
- Provide Site functionality and fulfill your requests when we have a contractual relationship or a legitimate interest.
Site functionality and fulfilling your requests includes:
- To provide customer service to you.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests and complete your transactions.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies, as well as marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To allow you to send messages to another person, such as a colleague, caregiver or friend or patient.
- Provide personalised services when we have your consent or a legitimate interest in providing you with information of interest to you.
PERSONALISED SERVICES INCLUDE:
- To better understand you and personalize our interactions with you.
- To analyse or predict our users’ preferences in order to identify aggregated trend reports on how Pfizer digital content is used.
- To analyse or predict your preferences in order to improve our interactions with you, i.e., to deliver you the content, products and offers (via our Site, emails or digital tools) that we believe will be relevant to your professional interests.
- Engage with you as an HCP when we have a contractual relationship or a legitimate interest.
Engaging with you as a health care professional includes:
- To interact with you based on your professional expertise and opinion by digital or other means.
- To involve you in programs/panels of healthcare professionals.
- To reach out to you for your professional expertise, for example, in the context of surveys relating to products or services of a Pfizer entity or its business partner.
- To collaborate with you on medical events, publications, or advisory meetings.
- To seek your views on products and services promoted by us, an affiliate or business partner for development and improvement purposes.
- Allow you to participate in special programs, activities, events, or promotions as part of our contractual relationship with you or where we have a legitimate interest.
In these cases, we may use your Personal Data in additional ways disclosed as part of these special program, activites, events or promotions.
- Operate our business to comply with our legal obligations and to meet our legitimate interests in maintaining our business.
Our business activities include:
- To conduct data analysis and audits.
- To identify usage trends in the use of our Sites and analyse the effectiveness of our communications.
- To detect, prevent, investigate fraud and including (cyber) security monitoring and prevention.
- To develop, enhance, improve or modify our products and services.
- To validate your ability to access or use certain products or services.
- To better understand how our products and services impact you and those for whom you care.
- To track and respond to concerns, including engaging in regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations related to adverse events, product complaints and patient safety.
- To operate and expand our business activities.
We may aggregate the Personal Data that you and other Site users provide. If we do, we may use and disclose such aggregated data for any purpose. Aggregated data does not personally identify you or any other individual.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
We disclose Personal Data as follows:
- To other Pfizer companies for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- To our third party service providers, to provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
- To other companies with which we collaborate regarding particular products or services. These may include our co-promote partners for products that we jointly develop and/or market.
- When you post data or materials on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services.
If you elect to share data or materials through our Site, please be aware of the following:
- Anything you post will be available to other Site users and the general public.
- Be careful when deciding to disclose any data or materials through the Site or to link your social media account.
- When using the Site to send a message or disclose any data or materials (including using social sharing functionalities), the message, data or materials will be available to others (e.g., other Site users, your friends associated with your social media account, your social media account provider, and/or the general public).
We also use and disclose your Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- To comply with applicable law and our regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations (which may include laws outside your country of residence), to respond to requests from public and government authorities (which may include authorities outside your country of residence), to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
In addition, we may use, disclose or transfer Personal Data to a third party in connection with any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
DATA COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
When you visit the Site, we collect data automatically through your browser or device, through your use of the Site, or using cookies and similar technologies. Please refer to our Cookie Notice for additional information about these practices.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, contact us as indicated in the Contact Us section, or on some Sites update your preferences in your profile or account. In your request, please provide your name and the addresses where you no longer wish to be contacted. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
On some Sites, you have the opportunity to update your profile through the Site.
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Data that you have provided to us through the Site, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of such Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company, you may contact us as indicated in the Contact Us section. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please tell us what Personal Data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have it suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of it. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain Personal Data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion.
We seek to use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect your Personal Data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
The data we collect through the Site may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, including in the U.S. and where our affiliates operate.
Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as by ensuring that the recipient is bound by EU Standard Contractual Clauses, to protect your Personal Data. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting us as indicated in the Contact Us section.
This Privacy Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the data collection, use, disclosure or security practices, or other practices, of any third party, including any third party operating a service to which the Site links. The inclusion of a link within the Site does not imply our endorsement of the linked service.
USE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from such individuals. If you are under the relevant age of consent in your jurisdiction, you will need your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use the Site. Please consult with your parent or legal guardian before using the Site.
If you are providing us with Personal Data of individuals under the age of sixteen (16), you represent that you have the appropriate authority to do so, and that you can demonstrate such authority to Pfizer upon request.
Job code:PP-PFE-GBR-0981. Date of preparation: March 2018.