Pfizer respects your privacy and understands that health is a very personal and private subject. This Privacy Notice describes our practices in connection with the information collected through the Quitter’s Circle Application (the “App”), including all content, features, functionality, programs, applications, or services provided on or through the App (collectively, the “Services”). By using the App, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
For additional details about how we collect and use personal information, including applicable U.S. state privacy rights and notices for California residents, please visit https://privacycenter.pfizer.com/State-app-policy
Collection and Use
Information You Provide
The App collects or accesses information that you choose to provide. For example, this may include your name, email address, information about your doctor’s appointments, information about your symptoms or feelings relating to smoking, number and frequency of cigarettes smoked, goals and milestones that you set and your related progress, as well some information that is pulled from your device (e.g. contacts and photographs).
If you provide or permit us to collect any information relating to another person, you are telling us that you have the authority to do so and permit us to use the information as described in this Privacy Notice.
We may combine the information you provide with information we receive about you from other sources such as social media platforms, people with whom you are connected on social media and other third parties.
Information Collected Automatically
This App may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information automatically. For example, this App may receive technical information relating to:
- Information about your device such as your screen resolution, operating system, device manufacturer and model, language and browser type
- Information about your usage of the App such as your features used, content viewed and downloaded, the dates and times of your interactions with the App and other information.
We may use and disclose the information described in this section for any purpose, except where we are required to do so under applicable law. If we combine the information described in this section with information that personally identifies you, we will treat the combined information as “information you provide” for as long as it is combined.
How do we use this information?
Pfizer and its employees, contractors, agents, representatives, and service providers may use information you choose to provide in order to:
- Provide you with the Services offered by this App and enhance our Services’ functionality or features;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you notifications and PIN or password resets;
- To send administrative information to you, such as information relating to the App and changes to our terms;
- To personalize your experience on the App, including presenting offers or additional services tailored to you;
- To facilitate social sharing functionality;
- To allow you to send messages to another person, such as a Sponsor;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis; audits; fraud monitoring and prevention; developing new products; improving or modifying our products and services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and operating and expanding our business activities.
How do we disclose this information?
We may disclose the information you provide:
- To our affiliates.
- To our third party service providers, to provide services such as data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send a message to through the App.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any of the information you post through external social media sites may be available to other App users and the general public. Be careful when deciding to disclose information through the App.
- To a third party, including any affiliates, in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may also use and disclose the information you provide as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- To comply with legal process;
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence;
- To enforce our terms and conditions;
- To protect our operations, or those of any of our affiliates;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, your or others; and
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may aggregate the information that you and other App users provide. If we do, we may use and disclose such aggregated information for any purpose. Aggregated information does not personally identify you or any other user.
This App does not collect or use location information.
Information collected by this App may be transmitted and stored on Pfizer or other third party servers. We retain the information you provide for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. Any Information that is stored by Pfizer will be encrypted.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative procedures to protect the information you provide to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
Cross Border Transfer
The App is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. The information you provide may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the App, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than that of your country.
Features of Your Support Network
The App is social. The information you share with your Inner Circle will be visible to them.
Push notifications are messages that are sent to your mobile device. You may receive notifications that/for/in connection with activities such as when you have a new message, when you reach a goal, set a calendar reminder, or if you fail to track activities within a certain time period.
Push notifications are sent through third party services, which are standard features of mobile device operating systems. You may stop the receipt of push notifications through your device settings. Please note that disabling notifications for this App may prevent you from receiving certain features of the App’s Services.
You may stop all collection of information at any time by uninstalling the App.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records which may not be removed.
You may also manage your privacy choices relating to information that your Supporter network can access through the Settings function with the App.
Use by Minors
This App is not intended for use by minors. This App does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals.
Updates to This Notice
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice in the App. Your use of the App following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice was updated as of the “Effective Date” listed above.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your information or require assistance in managing your choices.
235 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
This Privacy Notice forms part of our End User License Agreement and as such shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York, as further provided in the End User License Agreement.